What you will get: You will receive two small indoor trees, a False Aralia Gold Crest and a Schefflera Arboricola Moondrop growing in 3” nursery pots.
About False Aralia Gold Crest
- False aralia (Dizygotheca elegantissima) is a popular houseplant with attractive foliage. The plant has long, narrow, dark green leaves with saw-tooth edges. When young, the leaves are coppery green. The leaves turn dark green and even almost black as they mature. The gold crest false aralia is a variegated form of false aralia with creamy white to golden edges on its leaves, which adds special beauty. The plant may reach to 4–6 feet in height.
- False aralia prefers a moist, well-draining, nutrient-rich potting mix and cannot tolerate soil with high moisture-holding capacity. It prefers part shade, with a bit of morning sun, or dappled shade. It can also grow in full shade or part sun. Water the plant thoroughly when the topsoil becomes dry. False aralia is very sensitive to overwatering and soggy conditions, and needs fast drainage. Regularly misting helps keep the plant happy and healthy. Feed the plant once 2-3 weeks during the growing season. Keep the temperatures above 65°F.
About Schefflera Arboricola Moondrop
- Schefflera arboricola 'Moondrop' is a dwarf tree with a compact, upright growth habit, and can reach up to 3–4 feet indoors. The plant has thick, round, deep green leaves with white cream variegation. The leaves are arranged in a whorl that resembles an umbrella. Therefore, umbrella tree is a common name of the Schefflera arboricola plant.
- Moondrop is grown as an indoor tree because of its compact size and low maintenance. It is an excellent air purifier removing toxins in the air. The small tree tolerates a wide range of conditions. It is said to bring good luck and prosperity into the home.
- Schefflera arboricola prefers well-draining soil, thrives with bright indirect light and tolerates low-light. Water the plant 2-5 days after the soil surface becomes dry, depending on the pot size. Feed the plant with a half-strength liquid fertilizer once a month during the growing season.