What you will get: You will receive a money tree growing in a 4" deep pot.
Money tree has a botanically name of Pachira aquatica and another common name of Guiana Chestnut. It is a perennial evergreen house plant and very easy to grow.
1. Unique decorative looking. Money tree is special not only because of its evergreen small tree suitable as a house plant but of its interesting finger-like leaves.
2. Special meaning. Money tree symbolizes good fortune, lucky, financial achievement and success.
Care tips. Money tree is a tropical wetland plant native to Central and South America.
1. Soil and watering. A potted money tree needs a rich and well-drained soil although these trees grow in swamps in their native locations. It should not be watered too much and/or too often. The soil should be dry down an inch or deeper from the surface before watering. Money tree prefers humid conditions. Mist the plant once in a few days to keep the leaves healthy and a nice looking.
2. Light. The trees prefer bright indirect light with good tolerance to low light. Direct sunlight may scorch the leaves.
3. Temperature. The plants prefer a temperature range from 65 and 75°F and should not be left under 40°F for too long. Excess heat may scorch the leaves as well. Therefore, it should not be placed near a heat source. Money trees may grow outdoors in Zone 10 or 11 year round. However, since they cannot stay under direct light, are sensitive to cold weather, and have special decorative and symbolic functions, they are mainly grown as houseplants.
4. Feeding. Feet your plat once a month during the growing season with a soluble or liquid houseplant fertilizer at a half of the recommended strength. No feeding is needed in the winter.